Candid, not Candied

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Day 4 :: Recipe Post - Kadhi Gole

Like I said, I am going to write one recipe per week to try and kick some enthusiasm into my cooking spirit. The moment I see more than 5 ingredients in a recipe I deem it impossible for me to make it.

Today's recipe is nothing new, but the fact that I made it is extraordinary. I was craving for some Kadhi Gole and decided I would make it.

Obviously, I am a dufoos at innovation. I had to resort to an online recipe blog. The original recipe is found here.  Do hop there for great maharashtrian recipes. I have tried some from there.

Coming to what and how I made it. I am really bad at accurate measurements, hence skipping them. I usually eyeball the amount and generally (thankfully) turns out fine.

Kadhi Gole

Ingredients for the kadhi
Buttermilk
Turmeric
Besan
Oil
Mustard seeds
Curry Leaves
Methi seeds
Jeera
Ajwain
Hing
Ginger
Garlic - I am lazy so I used GG paste
Cut Green Chillies
Salt
Sugar







Ingredients for the gole
Chana Dal soaked for 3-4 hours
Green chillies
Ginger
Garlic
Jeera
Turmeric
Garam masala- a tiny bit
Salt

Method for the kadhi

Make a paste of besan and water and add this to the buttermilk. I even added the turmeric at this point because I tend to burn the turmeric in the tadka.

Heat oil in a kadhai

Add mustard seeds. Add jeera, hing, green chillies, curry leaves, ajwain and methi seeds once the mustard seeds start spluttering

Fry for 30 seconds and add the buttermilk mixed with besan paste
Add Salt and sugar according to taste

Keep stirring till it starts boiling
Let it simmer for 2-3 mins on low flame

Making the gole

Grind all the ingredients of the gole in the mixer with no water. Make small balls out of them.





Add the balls into the simmering kadhi for 4-5 minutes, so that they soak up all the wonderful flavours

Serve hot with chapati, or enjoy with steamed rice


1 comment:

Go on, say it! I will not sue you... pinky promise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails