Candid, not Candied

Monday 23 June 2014

Day 23 ::

There comes a phase in life when you are truly carefree. Not in a bad way, I m talking about not having too many responsibilities, having a certain amount of freedom, not having to worry etc. 

That phase for me was when I was just married and flew to the US. I still vividly remember the first day when I landed there. Kiran had to rush back to the office and he gave me strict instruction to not to sleep. The food was ready and the house was so inviting! I passed the afternoon in solitude, breathing in the silence that engulfed me. I slept at 10:30 that night, I remember clearly, and didn't wake up until 10:30 the next morning. 

When I opened my eyes, Kiran had already left for office. There was a note beside me stating he would try to come early and also the internet password. Since that day onward till about a year later was an extended vacation. 

Thinking back I realise those were some of the best days I had of my life. No matter what such days of sheer belle life are not gonna return. I love sleeping till late mornings. And Kiran just let me have it. He let me enjoy my beauty sleep without bothering to wake me up for breakfast or for anything. In fact I would wake up to ready to eat breakfast! 

Similarly there was no pressure of having to do housework at stipulated time. I had all the time in the world and it seemed like this was gonna last forever.  

We were feeling nostalgic today amidst our busy Monday morning routine. How life was then and how it is now! Not that it is bad, but what was, was precious! 

4 comments:

  1. Same pinch, I too remember our US days as my extended honeymoon! Landed there newly married. New home, new office, new friends, carefree days, trips on long weekends. Didn't realize it then, but those were the best days of my life.
    Love,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i float in remembrance of those days, Monica!

      Delete
  2. yes, I know what you mean. My precious years were the ones before the kid came into picture. Not saying it's bad now..but those were the days, like you said..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical days, weren't they? whne yu do not have to be responsible or be available 24/7 to another human being! :)

      Delete

Go on, say it! I will not sue you... pinky promise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails